Tuesday 8 November 2011

Shades Of Grey

What a dull, miserable day. It's just like November.
Oh wait a minute, it is November.



This is Aster frikartii Monch. What a mouthful. It's also known as a Michaelmas Daisy. I grow this particular variety because it isn't prone to mildew. I bought it this year, to replace the one I had that succumbed to the recent winters. It's growing in a pot at present. I think I'll overwinter it in the greenhouse and plant it out next spring. Strangely enough, the ordinary Michaelmas Daisies in the border have done very well this year with very little mildew, probably the dry weather had something to do with it.

Despite the dull weather, it has been a little warmer today. If it hadn't been for the damp and the drizzle, it might have been quite pleasant, but it wasn't was it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment